The Social Media Fellow will work closely with the communications team to assist with the day-to-day activities of multiple digital campaigns. Daily duties will include project research, media tracking, basic online data analysis, digital ad buying placements, messaging development, proof-reading, administrative office duties, and assisting team members as needed. This position requires excellent interpersonal communication, tech-savviness, the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing deadlines, and a willingness to work in a collaborative remote team atmosphere.
- Monitor and drafts posts
- Analyze social media channels to build a community of followers and enhance interaction
- Live-tweeting during CHLI programs
- Assist with the development of social media marketing campaigns to create awareness for CHLI programs, promotes audience interaction and encourages participation
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Manages email lists and email campaigns through MailChimp
- Assists with online photo gallery and video gallery
- Works with Communications Fellow on digital content copy and distribution of e-newsletters to subscribers
- Attends virtual programs on behalf of CHLI and reports back to the team
- Provides administrative support, when needed (including data entry, * mass e-mailings, program coordination, and preparing meeting notes)
- B.A. in Communications, Public Relations, English, Advertising or Marketing
- Ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Familiarity navigating social media platforms required
- Comfortability using all forms of communication, including but not limited to email, telephone, and social media.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and content management (preferred)
- Ability to work remotely with the main team based in Washington D.C., (Eastern Time Zone)
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Must be available M-F at least 25-30 hours per week.