Fall 2023 (July – January)
*** The Film/Production Fellow must be based in Washington, D.C or the surrounding area.**
The CHLI Communications Fellow works with the communications team to develop graphic collateral such as presentations, videos, and website copy. The fellow will help with the planning for social media, working together with the Communications Director to implement and evaluate the efforts. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication and video filming/editing skills, demonstrate creativity and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Conduct research to identify convening topics, prepare reports and summarize content for team members
- Assist with the development of media kits
- Support with behind-the-scene research and production
- Develop program recaps and supplemental graphics for social media
- Perform project-specific marketing and communications outreach to support CHLI leadership, sponsors, and programs
- Assist with the development of email campaigns to create awareness for CHLI programs.
- Work with Social Media Fellow in drafting copy for digital content and distribution of e-newsletters to subscribers
- Assist with program documents, news clippings, and content messaging
- Identify marketing and communication trends
- Attend virtual and on-site programs on behalf of CHLI and capture video content
- Manage The Purple Line podcast
- Provide administrative support when needed (including data entry, mass e-mailings, program coordination, technical assistance, and preparing meeting notes)
- B.A.in Communications, Film, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, or related field.
- Ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Comfortability using all forms of communication, including but not limited to email, telephone, and social media.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of email campaigns
- Ability to work remotely with the main team based in Washington D.C., (Eastern Time Zone)
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Must be able to work on-site for certain programs